Encouraging Inner Strength
A safe, confidential and non-judgemental space is offered for you to talk about and to become more oriented, empowered, and to gain more resources regarding whatever issue is concerning you. Your experience and choices are respected.
There is usually a conversation as well as an experiential phase in each session. This process is created in partnership with you, to empower you with new skills to use in everyday life.
- Exploring your concerns in conversation with the practitioner who is listening with empathy until a mutual understanding is reached regarding your issue.
- On this basis, you are invited to make a practical wish about what you want to do. This wish guides the direction of the action phase in the session.
- A common starting point is choosing the experience of a moment in life relating to your issue.
- This moment is then recalled -
- sensed in the body
- the experience is expressed by gesturing, visualising, drawing, or claywork
- by entering, exiting and beholding imaginatively the inner dynamics
- insights can be achieved
- through sound work, changes can be made to the vibrational patterns held in the body.
- Working together in an experiential and creative way, so that inner dynamics are explored, expressed and transformed.
- The non-verbal ways of knowing offer a transformational and developmental approach in which you gain skills of self-management, to use in everyday life, not just in the session.
- Drawing, painting and clay-work can also be used at home, as well as in the sessions.
Using sounds feels like I’ve broken down a black box that I’ve been inside.
Each time I make a sound and gesture I give myself more space…
I had negative thought patterns & behaviours I was able to break down with sounds…
I’ve involved the whole of me to heal the whole of me, not just the mind.
Psychophonetics practitioners offer an educational and therapeutic learning process that encourages the development of each person's knowing, unfolding and potential.
I never quite understood what had happened to me and what impact it had on me, and why I was affected so much...
It was amazing to find out and to have a greater clarity and understanding about past hurts and triggers… I mean first I had to gesture the situation, feel it, find a colour and sound and then at the end was the clay.
The clarity of seeing the relationships, seeing it in clay was quite profound for me...there was a different perspective completely.